Monday 22 March 2010

At the Zoo - Nouveau Popular

These Indie / Punk / Ska lads from Birmingham release Nouveau Poplar upon the masses via iTunes.
Consisting of upbeat cheerful songs very reminiscent of Arctic Monkeys and The Kooks. Nouveau Poplar is a three track ep, 'Take My Love For Granted', 'Non Conformist' and 'Scarlet Harlot'.
My pick of the bunch has got to be 'Non Conformist', it just has that little something extra, maybe a little darker I cant really put my finger on it but its the best track offered up here for me.
The band a group of highly competent musicians, and their song writing is top notch also, but I tend to get the feeling that they may have missed to boat with this release, with this particular sound no longer really being flavour of the month.

Not Bad, plenty to enjoy, but destined for greatness? well of that I'm not too sure

website - http://www.myspace.com/atthezooband

Rating 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment